5 In 2000, the Review of Caroling Choirs was given a new rank and meaning, transforming it into the International Festival of Caroling Choirs. This was because every year the artistic level increased, the interest of performers and audiences grew. The range of Christmas carols performed was expanding, both the more famous and the ones that could be heard for the first time. Over the course of four years, the ambitions of the initiators of the review grew, which quickly gained international prominence thanks to the presence of exceptionally interesting performers from the East.
At the hands of the festival organizers, the Orthodox Bishop of Lublin – Chelm Diocese Abel sent his blessing to the festival organizers. In the name of Excellency, His words were called by Fr. Andrzej Los:
Today, with joy flowing from the bottom of my heart, making the first thanksgiving to the Triune God, I congratulate you that in the first of its jubilee, terespol review has grown into the rank of the International Festival of Caroling Choirs. I send my blessing and best wishes to all participants of this year’s Jubilee Festival, especially to the initiators: Fr. Jaroslaw Los, Mr. Director Krzysztof Krol, as well as the chairman of the jury Dr. W. Wolosiuk and all you gathered.
What a nice symbiosis – Jubilee Year 2000, the terespol event grows into the rank of the Festival, at this time we celebrate the Week of Universal Prayer for The Unity of Christians, and today in Warsaw I welcome His Holiness ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople Bartolomeus I. I am convinced that the model of the last years in Terespol came together regardless of the religion of the community not only of Terespol, and the whole of southern Podlasie This nice circumstance leads us to celebrate the community of future times together. This community is nothing more than a family that God has planned.
I am convinced that this year’s festival will embrace you all with the warmth of your family introducing you in such a pleasant harmony and symbiosis of coexistence into the new Millennium of Divine Mercy. God’s happiness.
The fifth edition of the festival was organized in the building of the General Schools Team. The large gym hall housed all 397 performers and a loyal audience. Among the many guests who arrived, Tomasz Klimanski, Consul General of Poland in Brest, the mayor of Bialska Land Tadeusz Lazowski, mayor of the city Zbigniew Banach, the mayor of the surrounding municipalities and numerous Orthodox clerics could be seen. Unfortunately, despite the invitations, Catholic priests did not come to the festival, as the Consul General of Poland, Tomasz Klimanski, said in his public speech.
In the fifth, also two-day edition of the festival, there were 18 choirs and folk bands.
- In the category of folk groups, the most rated Kapela Sasiedzka from Zakalinki, which charmed the audience with a game of violin and folk costumes. For the leader of this team – Zdzisław Marczuk, the jury decided to award a special prize.
- Two second prizes in this category were won: “Pogodna Jesien” from Konstantynow and a band of singers from Jakowki.
- The third prizes went to the Belarusian Song Band from Hainowka and the singing group “Bagnoszki” from Drelow.
- In the category of parish choirs of the city, the team of the Orthodox parish of Warsaw- Wola won.
- Among the choirs of the rural parish, the band from Zablocie was the best performer.
- An unforgettable impression on the jurors and the audience was left, after its performance, by the children’s choir “Lisiczki” from Losinka triumphing in the category of children and youth choirs. Little girls subtly hummed christmas carols: Hospod Boh Predwicznyj, Tichaja Nocz and A u Wiflejemie.
- The room filled to the last place fell silent for a long time, when the chorus “Pawlinoje Pero” from St. Petersburg, Russia, appeared on stage. This chamber six-member group led by Alexander Nikiforov, a conductor with absolute hearing, captivated listeners and jurors with the perfection of performing songs: Oj, Jasna Krasna, Tam na perinie and Nowa radist stala. He also won the foreign choir category without appeal. This is hardly surprising, however, since they have already had success at festivals in London and Helsinki.
According to the organizers and very demanding jurors, the idea that could be fully realized during this edition was the broad integration of the multi-faith community, the promotion of the culture of religious minorities and the preservation of the fading folklore of the Eastern lands.
The 5th International Festival of Caroling Choirs was watched by more than 2,000 people, residents of Terespol and Bialski district. Information about the 5th edition of the Terespol event appeared on TVP 2, Radio Lublin, Cable TV and the local press. Eastern Journal of January 27, 2000 in the article International Level so wrote about the completed 5th edition:
The “Pawlinoje pero” choir from St. Petersburg, Russia, enriched not only the name, but also the high level of the 5th Terespol 2000 International Festival of Caroling Choirs, which ended last Sunday. This professional team group has previously been successful in London and Helsinki, also in Terespol received the main prize. Outside the competition, it performed a concert with orthodox music. In the same article, the author cites the statement of Krzysztof Krol, director of the Municipal Cultural Centre in Terespol:
I am pleased with the increasing level of the festival year after year, which has become an ecumenical event with the participation of Orthodox and Catholic ensembles, singing in Polish, Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian and Old Orthodox languages. Since this edition, the festival has been permanently included in the calendar of cultural events with an international reach.
- H. E. Bishop Abel – Primate of the Lublin-Chelm Orthodox Diocese
- Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
- Stefan Batory Foundation
- Land Council in Biala Podlaska
- Terespol Municipal Development Association
- PGKiM in Terespol
- BSM “Consent” in Biała Podlaska
- Barbara and Ryszard Osypiuk from Terespol
- Biasov Ltd .
- Cooperative Bank in Terespol
- GS Terespol
- Gerda Mikol and Andrzej Krzewski from Warsaw
- Mayor of Terespol Municipality
- Mayor of Slawatycze Municipality
- Mayor of Koden Municipality
- Wostim s. C. Woskrzenice Duze
- Julian Wasil Auto School in Terespol
- Sut – Gas from Biała Podlaska
- Arspol – Arseniuk Wieslaw
- Solar and Elpom from Biała Podlaska
- Anna and Nicholas Daniluk from Legionowa
- Irena and Konstanty Sakharuk from Warsaw
- Plus GSM Warsaw
- Plus GSM Biala Podlaska.